Thursday, July 15, 2010

Some more Communication Book Notes.....

(10/7/97) A new nurse working with me wrote this: "Thank you for the welcome note Pat-it felt great. (Primary nurse) Mom & Dad were very welcoming also. I'm usually a little apprehensive the first night on a new job-I don't think it has ever been so pleasant. I think I'll fit right in "Jared's team". (My note: These kinds of things is what makes the nurses taking care of me in our home so worthwhile. This is one of the things I loved about life.....genuine KINDNESS!)


(1/14/98) Mommy wrote a note that said: "Jared loves his new toy he got for Christmas. It's the TV Teddy. If you play a video, play TV Teddy's videos once in a while. TV Teddy interacts with the video. Jared likes to watch Teddy and the video....huge smile on this boy's face." (My note: I remember Mr. Teddy...he really made me laugh...he was another good friend!)


(6/6/98) Daddy wrote a note that said: "Hi. It's Dad, this is my bimonthly note. Jared and I had a great time alone tonight. Jared got the slow tour of the house tonight instead of hanging out in the dining (Jared's) room. First, we checked out his other room (upstairs). He loved it. Then to the bathroom and back room. Then he got his first waterbed experience. He realized he could make the bed move by kicking-he didn't stop. (Sorry about the sloppy writing, but frankly I don't care.) Dad" (My note: Oh...just thinking of me and my dad together gives me so much JOY inside....that's what it was always like for me with my dad around.....HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY, JOY...Daddy showed me that also.....REN & STIMPY!)


(7/2/98) Mommy wrote a note that said: "Be careful putting Jared in his new wheelchair. I almost dropped him tonight when I stuck him in it." (My note: MOMMY"S CRYING CUZ SHE"S THINKING.......Awwwww Mommy....its OK.....you always did try your best with me....I know right now that I'm not physically with you and I see that you beat yourself up for all the times you tell yourself....IF ONLY I TRIED A LITTLE HARDER......I hear you say that all the time now....YOU DID YOUR VERY BEST AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT. I WILL ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOU....YOU WERE AND ARE MY MOM WHO BELIEVED IN ME TOO....IT WORKS BOTH WAYS. I LOVE YOU...STOP CRYING OVER ME MOMMY....I'M REALLY OK....YOU SHOULD SEE IT.....IT'S BEAUTIFUL UP HERE!)


(9/11/98) Daddy wrote a note that said: "Hi. Dad here. Mom's out for the the night but will be back before 3 tomorrow. Jared had a good night. He spent about an hour and a half outside and then he relaxed with me for the rest of the night. See ya. Eric." (My note: LOVE LOVE LOVE Daddy and I time!)


(1/10/99) Mommy wrote a note that said: "Jared out in recliner until about 8pm. Earlier, Jared pulled his tubing off of himself and threw it on the floor. Could it be that he doesn't want it anymore?! Little Stinker!" (My note: Yes Mommy....and No Mommy...I didn't want it and I did...but I enjoyed PLAYING THESE GAMES with you!)


(2/3/99) Mommy wrote a note that said: "Jared has been disconnecting himself a lot lately. He pulls the tubing off and waves it around like it's nothing---and laughs about it! Keep an eye on him now, more than usual, because he will pull a fast one!" (My note: HAH...Gotta love it!)


(4/20/99) Mommy wrote a note that said: "Jared out on recliner until 6:30pm, and then he sat in Daddy's lap on recliner and then he was on the floor with me sitting between my legs with very nice head control! Also, Jared will be starting school on Tuesday, May 11th. He will go 3 days a week (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday's) from 9am-2:30pm. We are trying a full day with him for at least a month just to see how he tolerates it. If it's not for him, we will take it down to half a day (from 9-11:30). He will have Music Therapy on Thursdays at school. Eric and I will be going with him on his first day. Thanks Mom & Dad." (My note: What a time that was...a NEW chapter in my life....SCHOOL...and I was so glad that Mommy and Daddy came with me for my first school experience!)


(5/11/99) Mommy wrote a note that said: "Jared tolerated his first day of school very well. However, the last hour of the day, he started getting fussy. He also didn't like the "pudding painting" that he did while there. He didn't like putting his hands in the pudding and he definitely didn't like rubbing his hands in it. Once he gets used it (stuff like that), it may not be so bad for him. He also sat on the bean bag chair for awhile and it was relaxing for him-so he was kind of lazy in it. We put him in his wheelchair and he went outside the school and we put him in the wheelchair swing. After that, he started getting tired. Overall, good day, but somewhat long for him." (My note: I still loved trying new things.)


OK...there are still more notes I want to tell you about...I know there are so many of them.....but these are the days of my life...they need to go somewhere so I think this is the best place for them right now.....come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment