Friday, June 25, 2010

Communication Book Notes by Mom & Dad...

Well, as I was saying in a previous post, Mommy and Daddy and the nurses use to write notes back and forth about what my day was like for that person or how many diaper changes, meds given, activities we did, or just whatever someone wanted to write to another about my care. Here are a few notes Mommy & Daddy wrote (mostly Mommy did the writing):
-(7/19/96)Mommy wrote "Jared was watching his videos today. He really enjoyed them. He should watch them more often. He also came out to the recliner in the living room with me for about 30 to 35 minutes." (My note: I'm so glad that Mommy and Daddy showed me those videos because they brought so much joy to my life til the end. I couldn't do much because of my muscular disease but I could see that Mommy and Daddy ALWAYS gave me just what I needed to make me happy and that will always be something that I carried back to HEAVEN with me.)
-(8/6/96)Mommy wrote "Jared had a good day. His cousin, aunt and grandfather came over to visit. Jared loved the company. He was out in the swing, on the floor and in his stroller." (My note: I was born a month after my cousin, Marissa, and I always looked up to her. I remember how she use to sit beside me on the floor and she would brush my hair and I was just glad for her company. She made me smile a lot, but so did many of those who knew me and that is just another piece of my life I carried with me to HEAVEN.)
-(9/1/96)(UH-OH!)Mommy wrote: "Someone keeps leaving hardly any formula in the container. It's always half empty when I go to get it. Please make it up if it's almost gone. Don't leave it empty just because it's the END of your shift." (My note: Hmmm, who was doing that?...Mommy told me that she always got mad at the little things like that because she was at a time in her life when she was depressed because of my disease and it hurt not being able to do ANYTHING about it. I say to Mommy now....Oh, but you and Daddy gave me so much and NEVER really knew it until I was gone.)
-(10/21/96)Mommy wrote: "Jared is content with his new toys. He loves Donald Duck and his Musical Dream Screen. He also likes to watch his Tickle Me Elmo vibrate." (My note: This was the day after my first birthday and I LOVED all of my gifts you all brought me. I couldn't ever really say Thank You but I am now...Thanks everyone!)
-(10/24/96)Mommy wrote: "Jared went for a walk outside. He enjoyed the fresh air and the outside environment. He was very happy and awake the whole time. He didn't miss a thing!" (My note: I just enjoyed the walks with my Mom and Dad. I think we all enjoyed just being with each other. Mommy and Daddy did whatever they could to make our not so normal life a NORMAL one.)
-(NO Date-Daddy didnt write dates)Daddy wrote: "TO ALL NURSES, I'm not writing in red because of my mood, I'm writing in red because it's the only pen I could find. Get the point. If you don't, you will. As far as Jared goes, he had a rather pleasant night. All meds and feeds were given timely and he had 3 diapers, all saturated, 1 heavy, 2 medium. That's about it for him; now for the rest of you 1 2 3 4 5 These, my friends, are numbers. We put these things on cans of formula. We do this to keep order. This is called numerical order. When delivering feeds, you will follow this order. The even numbers have fiber. The odd numbers don't. I'm explaining this quite simply because a few of you just don't get it. My son will not be constipated because a few of you are being lazy. What this comes down to is please do it properly or please take a walk. Thank you, men & women. I fully appreciate everyone's help---really. Eric" (My note: Daddy didnt mess around, what he says goes, he's my one and only DADDY! Always looking out for me!)
-(2/9/97)Mommy wrote: I had a rough evening with Jared. He was out in the living room on the recliner. Later, as I was carrying him back to bed, I tripped over a cord and Jared & I fell to the floor. (It scared the life out of me!)Luckily, Eric was here. He helped me get Jared back to bed. I should have waited for Eric to get him like he said, but no, I liked picking him up because that was really the only time I had him that close to me. It took a little while to calm Jared down. His saturation levels kept dropping in the low 80's. We put ice under his head for a little while just to be sure he was okay. Finally, after about an hour later he was calm and watching a movie." (My note: I still love you Mommy for trying to lift me all those times you did. After all, you were only 50 pounds more than me!)
Well those are just a few notes that Mommy and Daddy wrote in the Communication Book...come back again to see what some of the nurses wrote. See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment